2024 Australian & Oceania Championships – Equipment Inspection Details
The Equipment Inspection process for the 2024 Australian & Oceania Championships will occur on Monday 1st January 2024 and Tuesday 2nd January 2024.
Event participants will be required to book an inspection time online using THIS LINK.
An example of the Equipment Inspection Form can be found HERE. A copy will be provided in your Registration Pack.
Particpants are invited to review the ILCA website regarding the class Handbook so they are compliant with the Equipment Inspection process: https://www.laserinternational.org/rules-and-technical/handbook/
How the inspection works:
- First, you will sign up for an inspection time online using THIS LINK. If you do not sign up online before the sign-up closes, you will need to sign up manually on-site in an available time slot.
- While in line, do not jump the queue. Respect the other sailors and the measurement team – unruly and disorderly behavior will not be accepted. Please bear in mind that the people involved in the measurement are all volunteers and will try their best to make the championship a success so that you may enjoy the event.
- Your boat must be clean and DRY – remove all items that are not required for measurement; examples are extra mast sections and extra sails, foil and sail bags, etc. Unnecessary items lead to mistakes (e.g., wrong sail measured) and cause delays.
- Please prepare your equipment with only the lower section on and the boom rigged with all control lines in place.
- Put all other equipment on the deck of your boat. This will save a lot of time.
- Please note Item 11.3 in the NoR regarding “Serviceable Dollies”
- Please note the recent advice from ALCA re: Display of National Letters and Diamond
- You will be asked to verify on the measurement form your name, country, sex, hull, and sail number. If the hull number is different from the sail, you are required to fill and sign the relevant part on the inspection form.
- After the inspection process is complete, your form will finally be signed by the Regatta Measurer, and you will be able to return to the regatta registration desk register for the regatta.
- If you have any questions, the Chief Measurer will be happy to answer your queries. Don’t hesitate to ask if you don’t understand a rule.