The Venue – Adelaide Sailing Club
The Championship will take place at Adelaide Sailing Club on the waters of St Vincent Gulf. The Gulf is 35 Nm wide and open to the South West. The prevailing wind is from the south-west and is enhanced by the sea breeze during the summer.
Adelaide Sailing Club is situated between the popular summer holiday regions of Glenelg and West Beach. A wide range of accommodation options exist in both suburbs and are joined by a walking / cycling path past the sailing club.
Adelaide Sailing Club is 10km from the Adelaide’s CBD and only 5km to the International Airport.
The club has ample grassed rigging area and sheltered wide beach sheltered launching. Racing is on open water within 1nm from launching.
Adelaide Sailing Club is a volunteer-run “off the beach” sailing club. It caters for a wide range of dinghies and catamarans. These include:
- Optimist and International Cadet
- OK, Finn, Contender and ILCA single handers
- 420, Sharpie, International 14
- VX One small keelboats
The Adelaide Sailing Club has extensive facilities, attracting families, beginners and experienced sailors:
- Large, grassed rigging areas
- Wide sheltered beach launching area
- Convenient public power boat launch ramps adjacent to the clubhouse.
- The sailing area is a short sail from the Club’s launch area and visible from the club balcony
- Large car parking
- The Club itself, offers a full bar and dining facilities
- A bike / walking path connects the club to summer holiday suburbs West Beach to the North and Glenelg to the South